Buy The Dress

Shopping

When you're young, your Whole life is about the pursuit of Fun. Carrie. Fashion Icon


Today I'm in that kind of mood. The one where you dream about days gone by, moments that changed your life and one for me was the dawn of 'Sex in the City'. Before this I would have described myself as fashion conscious, dogmatic in my approach to clothes, a woman who would only experiment with the safer options.
Carrie Bradshaw changed my life for the better. Don't get me wrong I have many idols, I admire many women and their sense of style but this character gave me something I had not felt before, fabulousness in bucket loads. For the first time I saw florals and stripes, puffy skirts, Malano blaniks and feathers galoure, this woman empowered me beyond my wildest dreams, she made me make braver choices and I'm thankful. So I'm sharing a little fashion inspiration through the eyes of a well loved and missed character.
Bio Extract:-
Carrie writes a weekly column called "Sex and the City" for fictional newspaper, The New York Star. The column focuses on Carrie's sexual escapades and those of her close friends, as well as musings about the relationships between men and women, dating, and New York. It provides Carrie with a certain amount of recognition in the city. People who read her column occasionally describe her as their icon. In the third season, her column is optioned for a film produced by Matthew McConaughey. In the fifth season, some of her columns are compiled into a book. At the end of season four, Carrie begins to write freelance articles for Vogue. Although she initially has trouble dealing with Enid (Candice Bergen), her abrasive, demanding editor at Vogue, she does find her feet and ends up befriending her.
Carrie is notoriously led by her emotions. She seeks acceptance (a door key, bathroom cabinet space) from Mr. Big and others (she obsesses over the review her book received from book critic Michiko Kakutani in The New York Times). "Just tell me I'm the one" she urges Mr. Big at the end of Season 1, worried about his refusal to introduce her to his mother. She often behaves in a selfish manner (as seen during her affair) but unless her self-involvement is pointed out by friends, she is apt to blame this on her tendency to get 'Carried Away', a phrase coined by Mr. Big in Season 2. The result is a flawed but relatable character due to the self-deprecating humor with which she tackles stereotypical issues within male–female relationships (commitment being the running theme).
Carrie is an on-off smoker and when she smokes, she is mostly seen with Marlboro Lights. She tries to quit in seasons 3 and 4 using the Nicotine patch while dating Aidan. She enjoys cocktails (particularly cosmopolitans—her character's fondness for them helped to popularize the drink). While Carrie is a realist about the difficulties of relationships, having experienced many bad ones throughout the course of the series, she is a romantic on an endless search for true love, and refuses to settle for, as she puts it, "anything less than butterflies." Despite this, she repeatedly expresses doubts that she is the type to get married and raise a family.
   
             
 Flamingomediapr Lifestyle Blog,

Comments

Be Good to Yourself

Be Good to Yourself
Explore,Travel and Embrace Life

Suits with real Flare

Beauty Life

Beauty Life
Beauty is only Skin Deep

Popular Posts